I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
“The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.”
As a Jew, I’m actually terrified to talk about antisemitism when I see it, cause it’s been so belittled and minimized for me.
Please call it out, guys, just like you would any other kind of bigotry or racism.
The rise in anti-semitism worldwide has been downright frightening. I’m afraid now that when I move, if I introduce myself and try and find a Jewish group to celebrate holidays with, I’m going to face backlash, or even worse.
hello this is a text post in support of bucky barnes: accidental hipster, who wears steve’s huge plaid button-downs over natasha’s too-tight jeans and a pair of old doc martens sam was going to donate to goodwill, because those are the clothes that are around and who gives a shit?…
my talents include coming across as mildly interested in harry potter rather than entirely obsessed
Scottish Tumbr Photoset #9
"Many people are alive just because it’s illegal to shoot them." I REALLY NEED SOME SCOTTISH FRIENDS THEY SOUND AWESOME
proud of my country and my people
a 30 y/o drunk man came up to me in a nightclub the other night and said “the economy might be shit but at least we have niall horan”
i’m having trouble believing this
i live in ireland the only thing irish men love more than themselves is niall horan
#FERGUSON protestor returns tear gas canister back to sender…
This is Amerikkka 2014
while eating his chips lol
People so often use “iconic” to refer to things that are not iconic, but I feel like this picture really will be.
I said it before in a tag, but I think the American flag T-shirt is what’s going to make this the biggest image to come out of Ferguson. Few things make an impression like wearing a T-shirt with the flag of the land of the free and the home of the brave on it while you throw back a tear gas canister that the people who are supposed to be protecting you threw at you in the first place just for protesting.
Every time I see this post the commentary gets better